lunes, 5 de mayo de 2014

The global inequality and my journey looking for a job

There is something in my thoughts that always makes me wonder about the immense and almost infinite the world is; sometimes the people or just a simple landscape in the road or in the city are the responsible of my thoughts. Today, I was researching on the net looking for info related to student's magazines in my university; I found few but one of them surprised me, it was a magazine made in CEPE (Education Center for Foreigners) at UNAM. It's name is Flores de Nieve, there the students who come from around the world write about many topics. For a lot of people it's not a big deal have met foreigns but me it was something impressive. Those students give me feeling of what huge the world could be. Maybe because I am from a middle-class family and I do not know other country, perhaps to them It's pretty common travel, speak languages and all that, but for me is fantastic and the same time frustrating the size of the world. 

Those situations let me know the disadvantages that Mexico has. Even the most elemental characteristics put us in the last place. The language for example, meanwhile they speak two or three languages, we cannot communicate with our own people who lives in remote places of the country. I do not try to look like a fanatic nationalist and I do not want to everybody speak Nahuatl or something like that. I just remarking the fact that we do not have enough knowledge to get a place in the develop world. Furthermore, I confirmed my hypothesis this afternoon when I found a website where you can look for a freelance job. It scared me for awhile to see thousand of people competing; in almost all cases people with very important qualifications. In countries where live people as those students of CEPE is a regular thing but in Mexico where the majority of inhabitants do not have the minimal requirements to connect to the Internet and do not speak English, it could be a chaotic world. How many people lives in Mexico with 4-5 dollars per day and how many can apply for a job and make 30 dollar in a hour?

It's pretty simple for me, the education it's the only difference between a society more fair and a aggressive society. 

Just saying... hehehe

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario